Colonial ranch model home plans caddartech
- Ranch (also American ranch, California ranch, rambler or rancher) is a domestic architectural style originating in the United States. The ranch house is noted for its long, close-to-the-ground profile, and minimal use of exterior and interior decoration. The houses fuse modernist ideas and styles with notions of the American Western period working ranches to create a very informal and casual living style.
- First built in the 1920s, the ranch style was extremely popular with the booming post-war middle class of the 1940s to 1970s. The style is often associated with tract housing built at this time, particularly in the western United States, which experienced a population explosion during this period, with a corresponding demand for housing. The style was exported to other nations and so is found in other countries. Their popularity waned in the late 20th century as neo-eclectic house styles, a return to using historical and traditional decoration, became popular.
- Preservationist movements have begun in some ranch house neighborhoods, as well as renewed interest in the style from a younger generation who did not grow up in ranch-style houses. This renewed interest in the ranch house style has been compared to that which other house styles such as the bungalow and Queen Anne experienced in the 20th century, initial dominance of the market, replacement as the desired housing style, decay and disinterest coupled with many teardowns, then renewed interest and gentrification of the surviving homes.
FeaturesThe following features are considered key elements of the original ranch house style, although not all ranch houses contain all of them.
- Single story
- Long, low roofline
- Asymmetrical rectangular, L-shaped, or U-shaped design
- Simple, open floor plans
- Living areas separate from the bedroom(s) area
- Attached garage
- Sliding glass doors opening onto a patio
- Large windows, often decorated with shutters
- Vaulted ceilings with exposed beams
- Exteriors of stucco, brick and wood and glass
- Large overhanging eaves
- Cross-gabled, side-gabled or hip roof
- Simple and/or rustic interior and exterior trim
European Model Houses In Kerala
|5 cent||2200 sq ft||4 bed|
|bath||60' wide||45' deep|
Box type single floor house | Kerala house design !!!!
|4 cent||1200 sq ft||4 bed|
|bath||39' wide||46' deep|
European Spanish style homes Kerala
|5 cent||2550 sq ft||4 bed|
|bath||35' wide||60' deep|