One-Wall Open Kitchen
- The kitchen should not be located under or above the pooja room, toilet or bedroom. It should ideally be in the South-East Corner of the main building or flat.
- The main kitchen platform should be in the East or South-East corner of the house.
- The stove or gas burner should be placed in the South-East corner, a few inches away from the wall.
- An extension of the kitchen platform, in an ‘L’ shape, near the South wall for keeping electric appliances like a microwave oven, mixer, grinder etc. would be very auspicious.
- The wash basin (sink) of the platform should be in the north-east corner as far as possible. The pitcher for the drinking water and related utensils should be in placed in the North-East or the North side of the kitchen.
- Storage boxes for essential commodities like grain, spices, pulses etc. should be kept in the South or the West direction.
- The entrance door of the kitchen should not be in any of the corners. Kitchen doors in the East, the North and the West are best suited.
- The gas burner should not be right in front of the main door of the kitchen.
- There should be one or two windows or air vents in the East and the West directions of the kitchen. An exhaust fan installed in this vent would be very useful.
- If there is a dining table in the kitchen, it should be placed in the North-West or the West side.
- Light utensils can be kept in the East or the North side.
- While cooking, one should ideally face towards the East.
- The colour of the floor and the walls of the kitchen may be yellow, orange, rose, chocolate or red. However, as far as possible, the floors should not be black in colour.
- If a refrigerator is kept in the kitchen, it should be placed in the South-East, South, West or North directions. It should not be placed in the North-East direction. If it is in the South-West direction it should be a foot away from the corner, otherwise it may need constant repairs.
- If the kitchen is in the North-East direction, mental tension increases and one may suffer great losses. If the kitchen is in the South-West direction, domestic harmony gets disrupted.
- If the kitchen is in the North-West direction, expenditure of the household tends to increase. A kitchen in the North of the house is most dangerous, as this is considered to be Kubera’s place. The kitchen, therefore, may lead to unnecessary expenses.
- The kitchen at night should be well cleaned and used utensils should be washed before sleeping.
- Give sacred offerings to fire from the first thing you cook. It will ensure peace and prosperity in the house.
- Some of these rules may seem a bit absurd to you at first, but rest assured they have the solid reasoning of Vastu Shastra backing them, and following them will keep you and your home healthy, wealthy and peaceful.
Contemporary+ European+ Modern House Plans
|4.5 cent||2200 sq ft||5 bed|
|bath||33.5' wide||59' deep|
Contemporary House Plans – Architectural Designs
|10 cent||2400 sq ft||5 bed|
|bath||45' wide||75' deep|
Contemporary Model House Plans
|4 cent||1750 sq ft||4 bed|
|bath||30' wide||50' deep|